About Me

I am a citizen of the world. I believe every culture adds meaning and power to everything they do as it contributes to our world's development. I was born and raised in Colombia, South America. I began to study and develop as a filmmaker in Madrid, Spain and continued to grow as a professional in the United States. I believe filmmaking is not a job, but a life style that triggers passion and gives meaning to my life and the life of others. I am a versatile filmmaker for I believe my craft is not only one of the most beautiful art forms humanity provides to the world, but also it is a mass influence business that changes every day. It is intriguing for me how this business impacts the world's economy and how it moves across multiple platforms: the big screen, TV, and the internet. Thus, I contribute to filmmaking in the creative aspect as a director, but also in the business aspect as a producer. Ultimately, this is my goal: I am here to network and get to know you, work with you, and build a better world through our craft.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Modern Independents 2

 
In today’s post, I wanted to center your attention toward two independent films I find very well made and have a good message in their stories’ subtext. Come Morning and Foolishly Seeking True Love are two films that also meet the qualifications that were published in the previous post.
Come Morning tells the tragic story about Frank and his 10-year-old grandson venturing into the woods and while hunting incurring in an accident that forever changes their lives. The film was directed by Derrick Sims and produced my Fable Motion Pictures. It was shot in rural Arkansas and released in 2012 with a production budget of US$46,000. You can find their trailer and technical information on their IMDB profile page at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2016168/. The movie has outstanding cinematography, great performances, and a provocative story. Filling all the qualifications of a great independent film, Come Morning thrives in gripping the audience to their seats and leaving you thinking about life once the final credits start to roll. I recommend this film not only to movie buffs but also to regular people who like to watch great content that is not being distributed in conventional theaters.
 
The next film is the short Foolishly Seeking True Love. Although a short film, the movie encompasses good performances, great cinematography, and an interesting story. The narrative tells the adventure of a man named Handsome and a woman named Belle who encounter each other during several points of their lives. The story reveals they are meant to be together and displays very comedic moments of how no matter how much they try to stay apart, destiny pulls them back together. The overall style of the piece is inspired by the world wide acclaimed film “Amelie” where the narrator is a participative character. The film was directed by Jarret Lee Conaway starring Guerin Barry, Harrison Boxley, and Heath Finn. You can find more information about the film through their IMDB profile page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1513769/. I recommend this film again to movie buffs and film students so they can see the work of an excellent crafted motion picture.

Filmmakers with almost no budget are now crafting great looking films given to the availability of innovative technologies and fast resources through the Internet. I believe it is our job as upcoming filmmakers to not only raise the bar, but also be an example for other new coming filmmakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment